Welcome to the Project DO page. While I'll be keeping track of my Project DO progress in regular blog posts, I'd like to explain briefly what Project DO is all about.
I've decided that 2013 is the year to really declutter (D) and organize (O) but I needed an easy way to actually remember to do it (yes, it would have gone straight out of my head within a day or so) and track my progress. Hence, Project DO right here at The Best 50 Years was born!
Why declutter AND organize? Well, as Flylady says, you CAN'T organize clutter. So in order to become more organized, I need to declutter, as well. And I'd just like to make my life simpler.
My goal with the project is to choose an area to DO each week. At this point, I plan to take before and after photos that I'll share, along with a brief narrative about my success (or lack thereof). Beings a picture is supposedly worth 1,000 words, my narratives can be really short, right?
Anyway, if you'd like to join me and plan to document your journey, I'd love to link to your blog here. Just leave a comment below with your blog's URL.
Project DO Posts
- Project DO Introduction
- Calibre - Project DO Secret Weapon
- Project DO Progress - I LOVE Calibre! (week 1 progress)
- Continuing to Organize with Calibre (week 2 progress)
- Cleaning Up My Online Real Estate (week 3 progress)
- Am I Creating a Bigger Mess with Project DO? (week 4 progress)
- Combining Projects for a Quadriple Win! (week 5 progress)
- Project DO Derailed (weeks 6-9 progress)
- Just Get Rid of It! (end of July lack of progress - oops)
My DO List
Beings I need a simple way to keep track of things, as I think of them, I'll list my areas to DO here. Initially, many will be broad but I'll break them down into manageable chunks when I start working on them. After all, I want to set myself up for success, right? Also, as I blog about my choices/progress, I'll add links.
DVDs and videos