Update 12/31/13: The Cake a Week was a near total bust - I didn't even bake enough for a cake a month! Why did I think I could possibly bake, photograph and post a new cake even every other week? Silly me - but we did get to try a few yummy new recipes! Unlike Project DO and Christmas Prep (both of which I'm continuing), I'm going to leave Cake a Week just as it is, a testament to my tendency to take on too much.
I ran across a cake-a-week project on another blog (sorry, don't remember where) and decided it sounded like fun. I tried to get my SIL to do it but she outsmarted me - she suggested we BOTH do it and switch off weeks.
So, as if I don't already have enough to do, I'm allowing the shiny object syndrome to overcome me once again and I'm planning alternating with my SIL to do our own cake-a-week project this year. How fun is that? Anyway, I'll post about my cakes and add links to each post on this page. Enjoy!
Cake-a-Week 2013 Posts
- Eggless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Marshmallow Creme Frosting - our rating: 7.5/10
- Watkins Economy Spice Cake - our rating: 7/10
- Date Walnut Breakfast Cake - our rating 7.5/10
- Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake - our rating 8.75/10
- Pear Breakfast Cake - our rating 7.5/10
- Homemade Cherry Pie (yes, I know it's not a cake) - our rating 15/10 (seriously - it's that good!)
- Batman Cake - our rating 10/10 for coolness alone! (Plus it was yummy, too.)
- Super Simple Banana Nut Bread - our rating 8/10
- Easy Pumpkin Bread - our rating 7/10
- Easy and Delicious Blackberry Cobbler (not cake but try it anyway!) - our rating 9/10
Other Cake Ideas for 2013
Guess What Snack Cake