|Homemade blackberry cobbler - yum!|
If you've got blackberries and want to make an easy dessert, look no further. I've used this recipe for over 40 years and it's always a hit. Giving credit where credit is due - thanks, Mom!
- 2 c blackberries
- ¼ c butter
- ½ c sugar
- 1 c flour
- 2 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- ½ c milk
- ½ c sugar (yes, another ½ c!)
- 1 c berry juice (crush some berries and add water to make a full cup, if necessary)
- Cream butter and ½ c sugar.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir until smooth to form a thick batter.
- Spread batter in greased 8"x8" pan and top with berries.
- Sprinkle ½ c sugar over the berries and pour juice over top (yes, really - pour it over the top!).
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees F.
I don't even have to ask for a rating on this one - I know from previous experience that it's a favorite and rates just below cherry pie, so we'll say 12/10 served plain and 14/10 if you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. How's that for creative ratings?