|Pear Breakfast Cake|
As with the Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake, I used the recipe as inspiration only. In fact, I really changed this one! For starters, I didn’t include ginger… or walnuts… It was a big hit, though, so my modifications must have worked.
- 1½ c flour
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ½ t cinnamon
- ¼ t allspice
- ¼ c oil (but you can use applesauce, if you want)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ t vanilla
- ¾ c pear juice
- 1½ c sliced pears
- Combine the dry ingredients, preferably with a whisk but a fork will work, too.
- Combine the wet ingredients and stir into the dry ingredients just until mixed.
- Stir the pears slices into the batter and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Beings I only used half the pears I thawed out, I guess the guys will be getting this again real soon. But I doubt I’ll hear any complaints. And as with most of my cake-a-week efforts thus far, this one rated a 7.5, the difference being that it was a solid 7.5 – no averaging numbers to get the rating this time!