Be sure to have some extra cash stashed separately from your credit/debit card(s) and in a place other than your purse or wallet. Why? Well, if your purse or wallet is stolen or lost, or if you can’t use a plastic means of payment (power outage, misplaced or damaged card, faulty card reader, etc.), you’ll be glad you have cash handy to get you through.
Suggestions for places you might stash cash include:
- Money Belt – I have one that fits flat against my body under my clothes
- Nooks and crannies in your car – look for spots that are relatively easy to access but not too obvious
- Ice chest – in a zip-top bag taped securely inside the lid
- Suitcase, duffel bag or backpack – securely tucked away
- Pillow – attached at one end, inside the pillowcase
And how much cash should you have on hand? Whatever is reasonable based on your potential immediate needs and distance from home or relatives/friends who are able and willing to help. Just remember where you put it…
NOTE: Amazon links, if any, are affiliate.